- Hassan Elementary School
ISD 728 School Summer Access and Device Collections
ISD 728 Families,
As we approach the last day of the current school year, Wednesday, June 9, 2021, we need your help to return internet hotspots and student devices as detailed below. Elementary students will continue to have summer access to many school apps through home devices, while middle and high school students will have access through their school devices.
Students can continue to access My ISD 728 Rapid Portal at https://my.isd728.org during summer months. Some classroom digital resources may be limited as grade levels are updated and systems are prepared for the new school year. Instructional delivery by teachers will not be available outside of offered summer programs for eligible students.
All school issued hotspots for internet access are asked to be returned to school or the District Office by June 11, 2021, when they will be disabled from use. This will allow time to prepare the technology for the 2021-2022 school year.
Early Childhood and Grades K-5
Early Childhood and Grade K-5 families who have school iPads or Chromebooks are asked to return them to their school or the District Office by June 11, 2021 when they will be disabled from use. Look for your school’s communications for detailed instructions.
Grade 12 students or students not returning to ISD 728 will return their Chromebook at the end of the school year, or after finishing summer school. Look for your school’s communications for detailed instructions.
Device drop off will also be available after school is out, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. at the District Office located at 11500 193rd Ave NW, Elk River, MN 55330. Devices not returned will be disabled from use and a replacement fee will be charged.
Grade 6-11 students will continue to have access to their school issued Chromebook during summer months. This allows students continued learning opportunities during summer programs, as well as additional options to stay connected to their schools, friends, family and the community during the summer break.
- Protection plan coverage or repair fees for damaged or lost devices will apply during summer use.
- If you are not planning to use your assigned district-provided technology over the summer, please store your device in a safe place to be ready for return in the coming school year.
- Support, repair, and replacement options will be available during the summer starting June 9, 2021, available by phone (763) 241-3490 or by visiting www.isd728.org/LetsChat to arrange onsite appointments when needed.
Safety and Internet Filtering at Home
ISD 728 Chromebooks will continue to have summer filtering to help protect students against harmful and inappropriate online material.
Despite the District’s attempt to filter and provide additional protections outside of school, parents/guardians still play an important role in supervising their child's internet access and usage. Parents are encouraged to discuss rules for appropriate internet usage, and reinforce lessons of digital citizenship and safety. Please review our technology responsible use guidelines and visit www.isd728.org/Digital-Health-
- Visit here for more information about what is filtered.
- Visit GoGuardain Parent App for information on how parents and guardians can monitor their children's Chromebook browsing activity, and choose to block sites such as YouTube.
Please Note: Schools will continue to receive real time Smart Alerts if a student views inappropriate content, resulting in the student’s device being disabled until school resumes.
Have a safe summer break!